Greater challenges than ever before confront small businesses, non-profits, performing artists and arts institutions in their highly competitive industry environments. Insightful, creative solutions to public relations are essential requirements today for sustaining longevity in these industries.
Established in 2010, Michelle McGrath PR | Media Relations is founded on these principals, creating intricately customized strategies to catapult widespread visibility, resulting in media campaign success that provides tangible results.
From The Patriot Ledger’s profile feature . . .
HER STORY: Michelle McGrath
As a lifelong artist and musician, Michelle takes a creative approach as a designer, illustrator and vocalist and adapts those principles into innovative marketing, public and media relations solutions for her clients. Each client campaign presents distinct challenges, inspiring her to tap her creative nature as a business owner: an applied art form! With more than 20 years in the industry, she has developed a niche firm through her love of the arts, continually redefining strategic methods to suit technological advances in media and communications. Cultivated relationships with journalists at major print, broadcast and digital media outlets, trade publications and wire services allow her clients ample recognition. She is a devoted arts advocate, collaborating with, founding and serving on many of the region’s cultural committees and arts organizations. She also previously served as founding Arts & Entertainment Correspondent for PACTV’s PCN Community News, the premiere regional television news program.
Appointed to Originate Plymouth Bay Cultural District
The committee worked to originate strong working relationships between nearly 150 of the District’s established cultural asset organizations, helping to increase community and tourism by promoting the many cultural experiences in the area to visitors and locals alike. The District also continues to be instrumental in collaborating with leaders as they plan programs and events commemorating the 400th anniversary of Plymouth Colony in 2020.
Groups and Associations
- Scituate Cultural Council: Voting Member, Public Relations Chair 2018-Present
- The Second Step Domestic Violence Advocacy Organization, PR Advisory 2018
- Plymouth Bay Cultural District: Public Relations/Marketing Chairperson 2016-17
- Founding Sponsor: Tuneful Brew Coffeehouse Concert Series 2016-17
- Founding Sponsor: Spire Center for Performing Arts, 2014-15
- PACTV PCN Community TV News: Arts & Entertainment TV Correspondent 2012-13
- Atlantic Symphony Orchestra: PR Advisor 2013
- South Shore Conservatory: Community and Communications Committees, Event Volunteer 2010-13
- Pilgrim Festival Chorus: Vocalist 2008-Present, Board of Directors 2008-9
- Plymouth Philharmonic Orchestra: Holiday POPS Vocalist, 2008-11, Marketing Committee, Soiree Series Chair, 2008-12
- Rogue Theater Company: Founding Member, Advisory Board 2009-10
- GreenCastle Video Productions: Board of Advisors 2010-Present
- Curry College Theatre: PR Advisor 2007-11
- Andrew Garland & Friends Benefit Concerts: Vocalist; PR Advisor 2010-13
- Friends in Song A Capella Vocal Ensemble: Vocalist; PR Advisor 2010-Present
- Stella in Stephen Sondheim’s “Follies”
- Fruma Sarah in “Fiddler on the Roof”
- Gertie Cummings in “Oklahoma”
- Vicki in “A Chorus Line”
- Maggie Jones in “42nd Street”
- Mickey in “The Odd Couple – Female Version”
- Nanny in “The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds”
Michelle has also served theatrically as an ensemble member, lighting designer, graphic designer, costume designer, and makeup artist. She currently sings with Pilgrim Festival Chorus and with Friends in Song a cappella vocal ensemble.